- IRCC allocated more spots to this program for 2023, with further increases planned for 2024 and 2025.
- Applicants will be able to apply for a work permit that is up to three years in duration instead of one year.
- Applicants will be able to apply for an open work permit instead of one that limits them to working for their own start-up.
- We’re making this three-year open work permit available to each member of the entrepreneurial team instead of only those who are essential and urgently needed in Canada.
- We’re prioritizing applications that are supported by venture capital, angel investor groups and business incubators and have capital committed, along with applications that are supported by business incubators who are members of Canada’s Tech Network.
The Government of Canada is embracing Canada’s emerging role as a leader in global tech talent recruitment and attraction to ensure Canada is not only filling in-demand jobs today but also attracting the skills and business talent to create the jobs of tomorrow.
Source: IRCC Newsroom