IRCC is expanding online application status trackers to 4 new categories of permanent residence applications.
Currently tracker only supports applications for
- people sponsoring a spouse, partner, or dependent child or being sponsored as one
- workers immigrating through one of the Express Entry programs:
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Federal Skilled Workers Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
Online status trackers allow clients to monitor their application and stay informed of any actions they need to take to keep their file moving.
Over the past year, IRCC has made improvements to address key challenges faced by those using the immigration system
In the coming months, online application status tracking will be expanded for additional types of applications.