The International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream (IGEIS) allows Alberta to nominate qualified international graduates from Alberta post-secondary institutions who want to establish or operate a business in Alberta to apply for permanent residence.
Requirements of IGEIS
- Six months of full-time work experience [actively managing or owning the business or equivalencies]
- Completed at least two years of full-time education in Alberta
- Have a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) valid for at least 2 years
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7
- Establish a new business or buy an existing [Eligible-Business] in Alberta with a minimum 34% ownership.
Economic benefit to Alberta through job creation etc., increases the likelihood of of receiving request to submit Business Application