Alberta launches new immigration stream for qualified international graduates from outside Canada.
The Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa Stream was launched on January 27, 2021. [Currently accepting applications]
Per AINP: No set quota for applications however province may reserve the right to limit application intake and provincial nominations
- Minimum of 6 months full-time work experience that can be a combination of actively managing or owning the business or equivalent (equivalencies are work experience with business incubator or business accelerator).
- Education - Completion of a degree from a post-secondary institution outside of Canada
- A business plan with projected financials. Refer to the Business Plan Guidelines.
- A 10-minute presentation (slides only) that outlines the proposed business venture and focuses on what an investor would want to see.
- English Skills- CLB7 - Minimum 6.0 band in each module
- Must have a minimum of 34% ownership if the business is located in an urban centre or a minimum of 51% ownership if located in regional area outside Calgary and Edmonton Census Metropolitan Areas (CMAs).
- A minimum level of investment from candidate’s (or spouse or common-law partner) own equity or from a recognized Canadian financial institution, venture capital, or angel investment firm prior to coming to Alberta
- Must have a letter of recommendation from an AINP-approved designated agency.
Contact us direct to discuss in detail about FGSVS Eligiblity